Can anybody verify this — from WrassleGAF user Bootaaay:
“Man, ROH is so dead in the water.
They drew 220 last night in NEW JERSEY. That used to be one of their biggest markets, before the HDnet deal forced them to abandon it in 2009 - this is the first time they’ve been back since, and as if the low draw wasn’t bad enough…
First of all, the ‘free iPPV’ codes were just lying around on a merch table, and people could grab as many as they wanted, so expect a few to end up on ebay.
Secondly, in the main event between ROH Champion Kevin Steen and home-town boy Jay Lethal (which was said to be an excellent match), Steen verbally assaulted and spat upon Lethal’s family at ringside - Lethal went crazy, the two had to be separated, Steen high-tailed it to the back and Lethal followed. No one knew what was going on, until Bobby Cruise got on the mic and announced that the match was declared a no contest before shilling Final Battle to end the show. This was met with boos, ‘BULLSHIT’ & ‘REFUND’ chants and a whole load of bottles and trash being thrown in the ring.
What a GREAT way to return to a market you haven’t visited in 3 years!”
Are there any other live-results floating around online for this show?
- leonadash reblogged this from barrylad
- barrylad reblogged this from droptoehold
- barrylad answered: PWPonderings had a similar report of people being vocal about the bad finish and trashing the ring.
- kenshiro28 reblogged this from droptoehold and added:
- heinekenrana reblogged this from droptoehold and added:
- fireprofitz likes this
- tadthuggish reblogged this from droptoehold and added:
- droptoehold posted this