The Rarely Seen Hulk Hogan Fist Helmet - Boston, MA 9/10/88
People have theorized that Vince or Hogan came up with this ridiculousness as a way to cover up the Immortal’s thinning hairline, but others claim that this was set up to be a nothing more than a horrible gimmick that could lead to future merchandise opportunities.
The helmet would be scrapped almost immediately after debuting but was used as a prop for Hogan’s win against Bad News Brown before being fully discarded. Due to Bad News’ notoriety for being tough, Hogan had to resort to headbutting Brown before dropping his leg on him in order to get a win. This odd finish ended up resulting in Bad News Brown’s first loss in the WWF.
Also, The Hulk Hogan Fist Helmet is not related to the WWF Smackdown Fist in any way.
- fuckyeah-nerdery reblogged this from droptoehold
- fuckyeah-nerdery likes this
- gamengiri likes this
- mikekarnell likes this
- joejohnson reblogged this from droptoehold
- wrealtalk likes this
- joejohnson likes this
- pulsewrestling likes this
- thesquaredcircle likes this
- paulypotluck likes this
- theloadedglove reblogged this from droptoehold
- captaincook likes this
- morewhitefeathers reblogged this from droptoehold and added:
- buckzumhoff likes this
- oldderangedwriter likes this
- tholomewplagues likes this
- droptoehold posted this