Surprising No One, Jay Briscoe Is Homophobic
After a gay marriage bill passed in Delaware, the ROH World Champion tweeted the above messages. A back handed compliment proving that some regional stereotypes die hard, or aren’t as gone as some of us would like to think.
This isn’t the first time he has done so, either. After same sex marriage was legalized in New York, Jay Briscoe tweeted the following:
“Damn theres a lot of fags out in New York today #WhatTheFuck”
The tweet has since been deleted.
vince hates indy guys tho the only reason these guys got famous is cause they did it on their OWN terms 8) 8) 8) *listens to “this fire burns” at max volume for 72 hours straight*
” Clearly a life of slamming actuators, racing on the moon and paddling invisible boats has made Kenny into the impressive pro wrestler he is today. Which if this is any indication to you young aspiring wrestlers out there if you want to be a champion you better get your booty to Orlando and start competing in Guts stat!”
Weird story — I’m sure that the game is just as amazing as you can expect.
Your New ROH World Champion
Moments ago in New York, Jay Briscoe defeated Kevin Steen to win the ROH Championship, becoming the 16th man to hold the title. Jay has been with the company since their debut show.
Expanded SCUM Roster: Zombie Princess, Jimmy Rave, Cliff Compton, Rhett Titus, Matt Hardy, Rhyno, Steve Corino, and Kevin Steen…maybe?
At first glance, I thought this was former ECW announcer Joey Styles as a new member of SCUM but nope, just Steve Corino without long, bleached hair.
DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN. THIS MAN IS NOT A LICENSED DOCTOR.
1. What is National Pro Wrestling Day?
- Man, I’m glad you asked. National Pro Wrestling Day is like Halloween and Christmas rolled into one for pro wrestling fans - an all day event that’s free to attend.
2. Well, what day is it on?
- This Saturday, February 2nd.
3. Where the heck is it being held?
- The National Guard Armory in Philadelphia, PA. It’s located at 2700 Southampton Road, Philadelphia, PA. 19154.
4. Why should I care about it?
- Uh, duh, why shouldn’t you? It’s a full day of wrestling. It’s free to attend, and if you can’t make it in person, Smart Mark Video On Demand is offering an iPPV with both the afternoon and evening cards for the low price of $15.00. There are 19 matches on the card right now, and if I did my math right that averages out to about 75 cents a match. That’s a pretty dang good deal.
5. So, who’s going to be on this show?
- Oh my goodness, who ISN’T? Name a fed you like and I’m sure someone you know and love will be there, but here’s some of the feds that are attending:
- Wrestling Is Art
- Wrestling Is Fun
- Kaiju Big Battel
- Wrestling Is Heart
Trust me, that’s not even a complete list. You’re going to want to check this out.
6. No, seriously. Who’s facing who at this event??
7. I don’t even like any of these feds.
- Well, you’re a grump. Order it anyway. Open your mind, change your perceptions of what you think wrestling should look like, learn to like and possibly even love new folks and new feds, support this thing we all love.
8. *sigh* Fine. I’ll give it a look. Are you happy?
- Yes. Follow @NatProWrestDay for up-to-the-minute updates! Now go order the iPPV or make arrangements to get to Philadelphia and get ready to have one of the best days of your life as a wrestling fan. Go!
Match Of The Day
Bryan Danielson(c) vs. KENTA
For the ROH World Title
Glory By Honor V Night Two
September 19th, 2006
Even when the ROH fans didn’t want to love Bryan Danielson, there was no way they couldn’t. This match carries on a theme I’ve noticed watching other pre-2010 ROH matches - so many near-falls and moments where lesser wrestlers would have given up and let themselves be pinned, it’s nerve-wracking, and it’s GREAT.
Match Of The Day:
Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black(c) vs. Kevin Steen and El Generico
ROH Tag Titles Match
September 19th, 2008
A brilliant match with quite a few of my favorite things: El Generico, Kevin Steen being violent, Jimmy Jacobs biting the hell out of people for zero reason other than he can, and Tyler Black playing very opposite the role I saw him in first in Wrestling Society X. This bout is made that much more amazing by the fact that the crowd is 100 percent into it, which always makes matches better (in my opinion).
What are the worst PPV’s out there? What’s the worst ones you’ve ever seen?? What are the wrestling cards that are absolutely abysmal with hardly anything worthwhile on them???
Just something I’m working on. Anyone?